Leaving for LA!!

That's Los Angeles, California not Louisiana :)  On Thursday, I'm going to be flying all the way across the USA to the west coast for a couple of book signings and to participate in a book festival.  And just like when I flew to Scandinavia for a Baltic Sea cruise back in July, LA is currently having a heat wave!  It was 113 F there on Monday...yikes!  We had temps in the low 90s F when we were in Sweden, which is normally around 75 F that time of year.

Speaking of the weather....I wrote a guest blog about weather and magic for Black Gate Magazine.  My short story, Cursing the Weather is going to be published in the magazine this December.  Here's a link if anyone's interested: http://www.blackgate.com/2010/09/27/the-weather-part-art-part-science-and-part%e2%80%a6-magic/

My mini West Coast tour is going to be a blast.  I can't wait to see all my southern California readers again and my friend, Alethea.  Plus my daughter, Jenna and niece, Amy are coming along with me.  I'll have an entourage ;>  I will be busy with events, but I do have some time to sightsee.  I think a tour of Hollywood and some time at the San Diego Zoo are on the schedule.

I know some of you are wondering why I'm going back (I was there in April 2009), when there are states and countries I haven't been to yet.  Well... I was invited to the Orange County Children's Book Festival for their Teen Panel and my publisher is helping to pay for my travel expenses.

If you live nearby and have some time this weekend, I'd love to meet you :)  Also feel free to bring as many of my books that you want signed.  I've had so many readers only give me one and say they didn't want to bother me to sign them all.  It's what I'm there for people!!  If I ever get sick of signing books and meeting readers, I hope someone smacks me upside the head! 

So much for my short post...  Here's my schedule just in case ;>

October 1, 2010 -  Book Signing at Borders in Glendale, California (100 S. Brand Blvd. Glendale, California, 91204, 818-241-8099). 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

October 2, 2010 - Book Signing at Mysterious Galaxy (http://www.mystgalaxy.com/) book store. (7051 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, Suite 302, San Diego, California, 92111, 858-268-4747) 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

October 3, 2010 - Participating in the Orange County Children's Book Festival (http://www.kidsbookfestival.com/index.html) at the Orange Coast College (2701 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa, California, 92626) 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. I will be on the teen stage for a presentation at 11:30 a.m. and will be signing books right afterwards. It's FREE with FREE Parking - you can't beat that price :) 




Comments

  1. California is closer but still far away. I hope you come to Utah some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed that you were here in April, so I'm glad you are coming back. I am hunting for some yummy local chocolate for you. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you coming to Colorado any time soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...California is closer but not close enough!
    Have SO much fun on the West Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I will be there on the 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished reading Spy Glass... and I loved it. Great work, I'm so glad u finally released it lol
    I bought poison study and magic study, fire study back in 2009. I really liked the whole plot. All the magic and adventure. I love Yelena and Valek, Ari and Janco they were awesome characters. You did a great job describing them I feel like I know them. thank you so much for your time and creativity. I cherish them stories. i v read them at least 3 times each :)
    Then I got started on Storm Glass and all Opals adventure and I loved her character to and Devlen he was a real good twist to the story. I lived how you included all the characters from the first 3 books and put them in opals story. thanks again for all your stories and I am dying to know if there will be any more books to the poison study and storm glass series?? I loved them and Id love to have more stories about other characters, like Mara and Leif or Kade. just some ideas lol
    When you do come to Ontario for a book signing I will do my damnedest to get there for all 6 of my books to be signed :)
    One of your biggest fans Chantelle <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least the others have hope of meeting you, I know you will never come to Mexico (unless it is as a tourist ;+)

    Thank you for the newsletter, you are killing me with just a little Valek "taste" every couple of months... I need more Valek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Maria

    I just finished reading Spy Glass, which I reserved the moment the book arrived in the local libraries of my country (Singapore). I felt as if I knew Opal for years! And the moment I read the ending for Sea Glass, I have a feeling that something will change in the Spy Glass, and in the book, it did reflect my guess correctly!

    From the ending, it is somewhat obvious that you don't intend to write on about Opal anymore.. That's sad! :( Will there be anymore glass/study books in future? I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Maria, I'm French and I fell love your first trilogy of books about Elena and Valek. We have thousands of fans in France. We look forward to the French translation of Storm Glass Impatiens. Do you know when it will be done? We would like to be directed a film about Poison Study, have you already contacted to make a movie? A soon sorry for my bad english…

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the great comments! I would love to visit everyone - unfortunately, it's a matter of time and money (isn't it always?).

    I never know where I'll be going - sometimes my publisher will sign me up for an event and send me there. They're sending me to Austin, Texas in April and I hope to stay a few extra days to do a book signing. Just keep checking my appearance page on my website or subscribe to my free email newsletter to get updates on my schedule :)

    I like how Opal's story ended - however, there are a number of characters within that world, that I'd love to explore. Like Reema and Teegan, Quinn, Fisk and Heli the Stormdancer. So it's a pretty good bet that I'll return to Ixia and Sitia.

    As for the French editions of the Glass books, I don't know if or when they're going to be published, but I'll try and find out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Absinthe Earl Author Interview & Giveaway!

House Cleaning

Celebrating!